Back, Neck & Shoulder Massage
This treatment focuses mainly on the back, neck and shoulders but also includes the arms and hands, and is loosely based around the technique used in Swedish massage. The pressure used may vary, but usually use's a light to medium touch and sometimes the use of crystal palm stones are used to enable a deeper massage.
Our back and shoulders are very often the parts of the body where we tend to accumulate muscular tension, especially if we have Sedentary occupations. Postural problems, stress, as well as hard physical work, can all contribute to excessive build up of soreness and pain in this area of the body.
Massage to the back, neck & shoulders will help to loosen the muscles where tension exists, allowing your body to unwind, become more supple and promote deep relaxation. By speeding up circulation over a wide area of the body, more fresh, oxygenated blood will nourish the tissues, relieving aches and aiding tissue recovery and repair.
Massage may promote the following:
• Promotes relaxation.
• Relieves muscular tension and pain in the neck and shoulders.
• It improves the elasticity of the skin and the muscles.
• It can also stimulate spinal nerves, producing feelings of invigoration.
• Increases blood circulation to the areas being massaged, promoting healing.
• By stimulating lymphatic drainage, it will help to eliminate toxins.